outubro 11, 2003

NOTAS SOBRE ULYSSES, 7. Molly Bloom. E Molly Malone, a da canção dos The Dubliners («in Dublin’s faer city / where the girls are so pretty / I first sat my eyes on sweet Molly Malone») também, porque se confunde com a imagem dessa mulher mitológica que ninguém conhece ao certo mas que marca os poemas das canções de bandas populares ou que, escritas por gente como Patrick Kavannagh (como «On Laglan Road», sobre a melodia «The Dawning of The Day», para a música de Van Morrison: «On Laglan Road on an autumn day I met her first and knew/ That her dark hair would weave a snare that I might onde day rue;/ I saw the danger, yet I walked along the enchanted way,[…] O I loved too much and by such is happiness thrown away.») circulam por várias vozes. Veja-se esse livro magnífico que é Confessions of an Irish Rebel, de Brendan Behan, cheio de canções (lembro-me agora da belíssima «The Auld Triangle», cantada por Ronnie Drew: «A hungry feeling/ Came o’er me stealing/ And the mice wre squealing in my prison cell,/ And that old triangle/ Went jingle jangle,/ Along the banks of the Royal Canal.// To begin the morning/ The warder bawling/ ‘Get out of bed and clean up your cell’,/ And that old triangle/ Went jingle jangle,/ Along the banks of the Royal Canal»).